Furniture Removal Tips: advice for an easy office move
Office Removal Advice
Gigi’s will do their best to reduce your staff members’ stress as much as they can. You don’t want your employees unnecessarily disturbed or distracted while they work. Here are a few helpful tips that can make your office move smoother.
Before contacting our office:
- Take measurements of large items to ensure that equipment will fit through corridors and entrances at your new office space.
- Draw up a floor plan for desk layout and equipment.
- Show your floor plan to key employees for their advice and approval.
- Think about your preferred date – most office removal firms will relocate your company on a Saturday or Sunday to minimise interruption of the working day.
Before the relocation of office furniture:
- Call Gigi’s to inspect both the old and new office premises for an estimate.
- Send copies of the floor plan and new office layout to Gigi’s Furniture Removals.
- Mark each piece of furniture and equipment with coloured stickers or labels (such as one colour per floor or department) so that we know where to place them in the new office. Inform staff of the colour codes.
- Don’t forget to clearly indicate any furniture or equipment that does NOT need to be moved to your new offices.
- Take extra care of the health and safety of your employees. Don’t allow staff to lift heavy items, remember trip hazards and organise all electrical wiring. Rather let the professionals handle the heavier and more valuable furniture and equipment.
- Allow our relocation specialists to do what they do best. They know how to tape up filing cabinets (which are usually full), box-up equipment and wrap computers safely before packing them into their trucks.
- Remember to secure confidential files or documents. Shred any sensitive data or store in a secure safety box.
Ensure you have an Internet connection setup before you arrive at your new premises. This way your employees experience minimum disruption.
Contact Gigi’s Furniture Removals in Pretoria for a stress free office move anywhere in Gauteng.